Mayor Darrell Steinberg and the City Council announced various steps to ease the disruption in daily life caused by COVID-19, otherwise known as Coronavirus.
You may be curious as to whether or not either Twin Rivers Unified School District or Robla School District will close its schools. I want to assure you that we are in communication with superintendents Dr. Steven Martinez and Ruben Reyes regarding the status of their respective districts and will update you with any changes as they become available.
In the meantime, there are many steps both you and your family can take to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water regularly.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands.
- If you experience respiratory symptoms like a cough or fever, stay home.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath), contact your healthcare provider or local health department before seeking care.
I realize this is a stressful and fearful time, but I encourage you to remain calm.
Together, we will get through this.