SACRAMENTO, August 6 (Punjab Mail) – The Secretary of State’s Office launched a new Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Online web portal. The new UCC Online allows you to conduct free searches, access free copies, file notices of lien documents, and more.
“The new UCC Online portal is the latest step in our mission to modernize all business filings at the Secretary of State’s office,” Secretary of State Alex Padilla said. “Particularly, during the COVID-19 Pandemic we need to provide Californians safe digital filing options. I want to thank our staff for improving filing and access to records with this new automation tool.”
On the UCC Online portal, you can search by Debtor name, Secured Party name or File Number. You can even narrow down your search using the Advanced Search feature and print your search results, making your searches easier than ever.
With the UCC Online portal, starting an initial filing or amendment against an initial filing is simple. And if you need to stop and come back later while filing, you can save your progress to pick up where you left off. If you still want to submit your filing by mail, you can choose “Print and Mail”, which will provide you with a pre-filled PDF with all your filing information.
The new UCC Online portal also allows you to track your files easily with “My Work Queue” and “My Records.” My Work Queue lists your in-progress and submitted filings from the previous two months. Select any individual filing to view or download any associated documents. “My Records” contains all your active filed UCC filings and lien notices in one place. Here you can see the status of each filing, access detailed filing histories including images, and initiate amendments.
The UCC Online web portal tool is the latest expansion of the Secretary of State’s bizfile California portal.
Tools available through bizfile California:
- LLC Statement of Information Online Submission Tool. Since the initial bizfile launch in June 2017, 1,409,391 online LLC Statements of Information filings have been processed. 495,989 processed online in the 2019-20 fiscal year.
- California Business Search Tool. Over 15.49 million Corporation, LLC, and LP records are available for free download.
- How to Start a Business in California brochure and check list.
- Online Trademark Submission Tool. There have been over 18,927 submissions since the tool was launched January 2018.
- LLC Formation Online Submission Tool. Launched in May 2018, the documents required to form an LLC can now be filed online. Since launch, we have processed 284,721 LLC Formation online submissions.
- Eureka Chatbot. Our new artificial intelligence search assistant—launched May 2018—helps customers easily navigate business resources on the Secretary of State’s website. Eureka has already answered over 147,256 questions.
- LLC Terminations Online Submission Tool. Launched in December 2018, the documents required to terminate an LLC can now be filed online. Since launch, we have processed 36,175 LLC Terminations online submissions.
- Corporations Statements of Information Online Submission Tool. Our new improved tool allowing you to submit all of your statements of information online—launched November 2019—and has already processed over 455,105.
- Corporation Formation Online Submission Tool. Launched on March 2020, the documents required to form a Corporation can now be filed online. Since launch, we have processed over 20,724 Corporations online.
- Certificates of Good Standing Online Tool. Launched June 2020, allows you to order online Certificates of Good Standing for active Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Partnerships; issuing over 14,200 electronic Certificates of Good Standing.